The cutest baby shower gift idea!!

We are still having a great time here in Utah, visiting family & friends, eating lots of food & running around like crazy!!

I just had to “check in” here and share this awesome idea!

My sister is having her 1st baby girl and our good friend Ali threw Emily a little luncheon/shower this week.  My sisters friend Kari gave her the cutest gift. She took a bunch of baby things and a clothes line and pins and pinned all the gifts onto the clothesline and put them in a box.

So when she opened the box she pulled on the string and passed it around the table, pretty soon there was a big chain of baby things all around the table!
It was such a fun and idea!! I just had to share it (not my idea… it was Kari’s)….

oh now for a little “true confessions”… I bought my sister a baby shower gift– I didn’t make her anything *gasp*… and she’s even having a girl!!! (easier to sew for baby girls)…. I’ll have to catch up and sew some things for my new baby niece very soon…

Comments

I also think the clothes line is so perfect for showers where it’s already up and each piece of clothing she opens gets pinned on because everyone likes to see the clothes and ooh and aah. But loving that as an entire gift idea top!

This is my favorite baby shower decoration! You can put baby gifts for the new mom in the line or hang up onesies that people have decorated or just use some of your own children’s cutest clothes for decoration.

Hi Melissa, it was so fun to meet you last night and get to know you a bit. I love your blog and can’t wait for a little more time to explore. Hopefully now we can keep in touch. cheers, Calli

cute idea! I felt the same about my brother’s upcoming baby, I at least bought a card instead of trying to make one. I can’t wait to make more stuff once the little nephew arrives!

So, so clever. Thanks for sharing. Makes the packing up after the shower easy, too!

Just discovered your blog, and I’m loving it! Can’t wait to go back through and see what other great ideas you have.

Fun idea! How perfect that you coudl be there in Utah for the shower. I can only imagine the things you will whip up in the future for your little niece.

Just wanted to say thanks for the swim invite. You are always so kind and generous. The pool is gorgeous! What a perfect addition to your already lovely home. Oh the hours of rest and relaxation you’ll have back there. Hope you don’t get overrun by neighborhood friends!

Kristi said she loved your visit and gifts. You’re amazing. Wish I could have seen you too (and her babies!).

How cute! When my SIL had her fist baby they actually hung a clothesline through the house. She would pin up the clothes as she got them so that everyone could see the cute outfits!

The gift idea is so cute too!

That’s such a great baby shower gift idea. As someone said, even if the clothes line is not part of the gift, it’s a great idea to set up to display all the gifts for people to see during the shower.

Thanks. Karen