Easy Peasy Pizza

First of all, I’m so sorry to torture those of you who like me, are frozen and stuck with gray cold skies today. The photos of this pizza make me wish it were summer, as it looks like “summer on a plate to me”… but I can assure you it is just as delicous in the winter.

I mentioned last week that the focus of my blog this month will be on the word “Resourceful”.  To me being resourceful means many things, but one of them is finding ways to make your everyday life easier and more enjoyable.

This week I’m sharing with you a resourceful dinner idea, next week it will be a fun sewing idea.

Today’s recipe is one of those things. It’s one of the little “tricks” I use to keep my family fed. I love to cook but, we are like many of you a busy family, some nights we have just 30 minutes to feed everyone before we all head back out the door.

My sister in law a year or so ago introduced me to these pizza crusts that you can buy at Sam’s Club ALREADY MADE! Yes, already rolled out and frozen in a perfect circle, all you do is add toppings.
(I was NOT compensated in anyway to write this post by Sam’s, just telling you about something that I found).

These pizza crusts have become a staple in our house. You buy them in the Deli section up front.  They come in a box and the price changes all the time but they are between $1-$2 a pizza crust.
You do not need to defrost them. Just cook with them straight out of the freezer, and they are yummy.
We make all kinds of pizza with them, but today I want to share with you my favorite “grown up” pizza recipe.
Pesto Shrimp Pizza
1 pre-made pizza crust or make your own- if you make your own, bake it until half cooked then add toppings
Favorite Pesto
Pine Nuts
Roasted Red Peppers
Feta Cheese
1/2 c finely shredded mozzarella cheese
Shrimp (I buy the ones in the deli section that are pre cooked)
Preheat oven to 450
If your shrimp is not already cooked, saute in olive oil until just pink. Cut off tails.
Cut shrimp into bite sized pieces
Spread pesto sauce over crust
Add pine nuts, shrimp, roasted red peppers & cheeses.
Put it in the oven on the middle rack without a pan.  I use tongs and a cookie sheet to help me get it in and out easier.
Cook until crust is golden brown and crispy.  About 10 minutes, check on it frequently.
Serve and Enjoy!!
This would also be really good with chicken instead of shrimp, you could just pick apart a rotisserie chicken.
AND……
Speaking of dinner…
I’m honored to be included in the Moda Bake Shop Progressive dinner this month!
I’m flattered to be included in such great company!  You won’t want to miss it!!!
——————————————-
Also, don’t forget you can still enter to win $100 from Jimmy Dean here…..

Comments

Your pizza looks amazing! We do homemade pizza a lot around here. I can’t wait for summer when we can start cooking them on the grill again.

I’ve never seen the crusts you mentioned at Sam’s, but I’ll definitely have to start looking for them. They seem to bake up very well and so handy that you can take them straight from the freezer.

Oh yum! That looks great and a MUST make. Thank you. We let our membership to Sam’s club expire very early last year. I might need to renew it just to get these and other stuff I really miss buying that we used to buy there.

If you really want another great tasting pizza and it sounds strange but trust me, it’s awesome. This is one of my family’s favorites.

Brown chicken pieces adding pepper (no salt) to taste in olive oil and then add green pepper and onion; you can use any amount of each. When ready, and pepper/onion is just crisp tender, take off heat. Then pour a jar of salsa onto crust and add the chicken mixture over top. Then add the mozzarella cheese on top of that and bake.
    I usually use about 3 chicken breasts for two pizzas and 2 green peppers and 2 large onions. Then depending on your own tastes, between 4 and 8 cups of the cheese. I think normally I end up using about 6 cups between the two pizzas.

Oops. Should have added that I always use Ortega Thick and Chunky mild salsa. I have tried almost all other bramds and that is the one which gives this pizza the best flavor.

Yum! That looks delicious. We already make shrimp pizza, as it is the only kind one of my sons will eat (with cheese, hold the sauce.), but your shrimp pizza looks miles better!

Ah! I will totally have to look for these crusts the next time I am at Sam’s. I’ve never made homemade pizza. Something about messing with making a crust (which I know I hear is terribly easy)is something that I don’t want to mess with. But these crusts would totally eliminate that problem for me. I’m so excited!

I’m thinking I need to make this immediately (even if I am staring at freezing rain coming down outside…) ;) I love to get pizza crust at Trader Joe’s too – they have whole wheat (for when I pretend to be healthy!)

I am definitely hungry now and wondering if Costco might carry something similar. Hmmm? Your recipe looks delicious. Homemade soup after shoveling snow here today…only 3 more months of bitter cold:)

Looks so yummy! I am always trying to find new food ideas since I tend to make the same things over and over again!

Heard you were on snow day #2 this week. Luckily Cincy is a bit more heartier and my kids are still in school. We’ve only had one snow day this year, while Lexington is on #6. Glad to be in a place that can function when there is white stuff on the ground.

So, I have been meaning to write to you since bumped into you all at the mall. After you left I was dying of embarrassment at how I freaked out when I saw you. I think I made Rich blush from my crazy moment. At least you know how excited I was to see you!! It had been too long. Hope your New Years was amazing.

Anyway, love the blog, keeping up and seeing all your ideas. You have such talent! So great of you to share them with all of us!

I just wanted to say I love your blog. I have made the Sydney skirt. It is a great tutorial. I tweaked it a little, I made bias binding and used it for the skirt finish and added an apron. Thanks for sharing.