Lego Birthday Party…

Okay, it’s Tuesday and this is not technically a tutorial but I thought it would be a fun idea to share with you today instead.

Over the weekend we had my son’s birthday party, he has wanted a Lego themed party for a long time so this year we threw him one. He was very excited about it and was even more excited when I told him I needed some custom lego creations for the decorations. He built me the cupcake & cake stands and did a much better job than I ever could.

To make the invites I used a program that you can download for free on the lego website called “lego creator”. I then built the word “PARTY” with legos (it took me forever!! I am not a natural lego builder) then added the little guys. I then used the screen shot in Photoshop to add the words and printed them on photo paper! Easy!! (except the trying to make a letter “R” out of legos part)

The decorations:

The party table
The cake, I was trying to make it look like legos… obviously it’s not squared up or flat… let just say I need alot more practice with fondant :) but Andrew thought it was cool.
Using the same lego program I made cupcake picks. Andrew built the cupcake stand and decorated it with his lego guys.
when else can you have Sponge Bob & a Stormtrooper in the same party besides Lego? :)

I ordered the lego boxes and plates online.
I stuffed the boxes with some candy, pop rocks, stickers, a little frisbee & a lego magnet  (I was able to find a large package of them online and split them up so each kid got one).
During the party the kids all watched a Lego movie (which they all LOVED)
After the movie they had a lego building contest.
I found at our local wally world a bunch of lego car kits on clearance. Each kid got one then we had a contest to see who could bulid the cars the fastest… the kids were pretty fast !!
Then cake & presents to follow!
now.. on to his twin sisters party… Alice in Wonderland .. next week.

Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

Comments

LOVE this idea! I have three boys who are lego fanatics and we do one “happy summer” party every year (instead of three during the year). I was a little tired of the community pool…I am on a mission. Thanks for sharing such cute ideas.

My son is turning 8 in August and wants a really cool themed party. He still can’t come up with an idea. I’m gonna run this one by him. GREAT IDEA. And I think the cake is darling! Fondant scares me to death!

Can I copy this???? What a great idea to have Andrew make the lego props… this is being bookmarked. FOR SURE.

I thought the cake looked awesome!

How awesome is this party!! I love it all!!

I’ll have to remember to go online and look for those Lego boxes and plates, I have 2 Lego junkies in this house & having a Lego birthday would just make me the best mom ever!!

Although I have to say if I step on another Lego I’m going to scream. Those little buggers hurt!

:)Rachel

PS. Great pics!

Thanks for sharing…I am working on my son’s 7th b.day (also lego theme) and will use your idea of getting the guys from that lego site!

This is so cool! I’m trying to think of a party for my son who is turning 7 in a couple weeks! :)
    Or maybe my other one who will be 5 in October…I can’t decide! LOL I can’t wait to see your AIW!

What a great party idea! We are having a baseball first birthday for my son in June, but I am filing away the Lego party for future reference! Thanks!

looks great– the cake too (-: fondant can be frightening. my 7 year old is into clutch powers too… i think lego has found another goldmine.

I love your use of legos for the stands and decorations! We just had 3 lego parties in our family and everyone loved them all! Such a fun theme to go with!
    Rebecca@RootsAndWingsCo

I can’t express to you how awesome this party idea is!!!
    As a mom of three boys-I better just start planning for the next set of Jan/Feb. birthdays-because this is what I will be doing!!!
    A lego movie? Where, oh where???
    Seriously-this will be my seven year-turning-eight birthday next Feb!!!

This turned out great. My 5 year old wants a LEGO party this summer. I would love to know the name of the place where you ordered your boxes and supplies. Great job!!!

I know this party was ages ago, but do you remember where you ordered the Lego boxes from? My almost 4-year-old really wants a Lego party, and I’m trying to make it special.

Attractive component of content. I simply stumbled upon your weblog
    and in accession capital to assert that I acquire in fact loved account your
    weblog posts. Any way I will be subscribing to your feeds or even I success you get right of
    entry to persistently rapidly.