More Handmade Dolls

Last week I shared with you guys a  doll that I made for my sister’s little girl for Christmas, today I thought I’d share with you the dolls I made for her boys.

But first- my sister (Emily) sent me this sweet photo of her cutie pie with the doll.. adorable huh???

Now, truth be told, I was not thinking that Emily’s boys would be too excited about handmade dolls, so I will admit this was more a gift for my sister than her kids.

A few days before I mailed off the dolls I shared this photo on insgatram:

I forgot that my sister followed me on instagram. Her son saw the photo and said “is that me?”… funny enough it was.

My nephews have a great love for anything Batman, so I decided to make the dolls little superhero’s in disguise.

I sewed the dolls (using a pattern from the Wee Wonderfuls book).  Then made a little cape and mask to go on each boy.

My sister said that when they opened one, one little boy said:

“I don’t need to have anything to do with this”… not a big fan of dolls..

But the other one loved it- and my sister said they are all going up on a “high shelf” anyway!

You may have noticed that the boys have on “store bought” clothes-  well I didn’t realize until too late that there was not a pattern for pants and a t-shirt for the size of doll I decided to make in the book. (I just made the girl doll and left off the pigtails)….

Soo…..

After a failed attempt (or 10) to draft a t-shirt and pants  I was off to Target to find clothes to fit those dolls! I ended up with jeans for an American Girl doll and a newborn onesie that I cut off and hemmed.

I love how the dolls look all lined up— and I think it’s so cute that they “match” each of her kids.

In other news:

I’m off to Salt Lake City today to visit Family and take my daughter on a college visit!!   (I can’t believe she’s old enough for college)…

I’m also so excited to tell you that I’ve been invited to be on the Riley Blake Fabric’s Design team!! I was so flattered that they asked me!

The projects all start in February, so watch their blog for awesome ideas!!

Riley Blake Fabrics has invited me to tour their warehouse while I’m in Salt Lake City along with a few other members of the Design team! I’m so stinkin’ excited I can’t hardly stand it!!

post signature

Comments

1. Kimmy Davis says

I found your site on Remodelholic.com’s Pinterest board, and I love this idea! You’re very creative, and I love that you shared your gift panic trip to Target :)

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article.
    I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of
    your useful information. Thanks for the post. I’ll certainly comeback.

I saved money on best and safest diet pills for
    women physicians and medicines. When we burn through exercise and activity.

As mentioned before, the average people eating a lot better and this
    ability to function properly. In fact, a good carb accompaniment with stir-fried vegetables or
    whole grains, vegetables and fruit. Calorie shifting
    confuses your body work for you for the digestive system.

Locals still like to buy from local shops that provide a personal service, ideally selling local produce such
    as farm-sourced. There are many benefits that can be obtained when buying Cleaning Supplies Brisbane in bulk.
    So it seems every person is feeling the pinch but style and
    manner will constantly.

Having the opportunity you will be able to save about a huge
    money, an amount of $5000. What it is exactly is a tooth which is
    like having a real tooth. Implant Used The implant system
    used affects the cost of the entire dental implant treatment.

Men and women who regularly have their first foods before eight in the morning tend
    to be healthier than men and women who skip that important first food of the
    day. Products are available on line, and at their retail location in Chester
    County, Pennsylvania. But where do you go to when you get hungry
    in the morning.