Today I’m excited to be teaming up with 25 other bloggers to bring you this fun DIY Disney T-Shirt idea. Join us as we share some cute Disney Craft ideas using vinyl. (pst… you’ll want to keep reading to the end… something about a Disney Vacation giveaway *wink*)
I’ve not been shy about our families love of visiting Disney World. We’ve visited many times since my kids were small and even though they are now all teenagers they still look forward to trips to Disney.
We are headed down there for a very short Fall break this month. We can only squeeze out a long weekend due to the kid’s differing fall break schedules, but I’ll take whatever I can get. I wanted to make some fun t-shirts for myself and my daughter to wear while we were in the parks and got the idea to make this “Hat Hair, Don’t Care” t-shirt. It’s inspired a bit by my “Lake Hair, Don’t Care” tote bag from last summer.
About Our Hat Hair Don’t Care T-Shirt:
Since the kids are a bit more grown up, I thought they might enjoy this style of t-shirt. I’ve even made one for myself to wear (yep, I have my own Mickey Ears hat).
Want to make one ?
How to DIY your own Disney T-Shirt:
–Glitter Iron On Vinyl from Expressions Vinyl, I chose black, but there are many colors to pick from
-T-Shirt (if you like to dry your t-shirts, you’ll want to wash and dry before you do the craft, since you can’t dry the shirt after you add the iron on)
– Hat Hair, Don’t Care Cut File, download it (there are two pieces) on the TEMPLATES PAGE, click HERE.
Upload the two images to the Cricut Design space.
Insert the “don’t care” image, click on all the layers then click “weld”. Insert the “hat hair” image and click on all the layers and click “attach”. Position the two pieces on top of each other (the way you’d like them to look when you cut them out).
Then click on the two images and click “attach”, this will ensure that the file cuts all at the same time. Make the image the size that you’d like.
Place the Expressions Vinyl onto the cutting mat, shiny side down. Set the dial on the Cricut to “custom”, then from the cut screen select “glitter iron on”
Cut out the file.
Peel away the backing, leaving the image (note, you can use the extra, you just can’t cut it again, if you want to make stripes or use a hole punch with the vinyl you can).
Next, peel away the ‘insides’ of the letters and the ‘hat hair’ from the hat.
You’ll be left with an image on a plastic sheet.
How to Apply the Iron On to your Shirt:
Go to the page on the Expressions Vinyl site where you purchased your vinyl and scroll down to see the “instructions”. This particular vinyl is peeled while it is hot. Some are peeled while it’s cool. I love that they have the instructions right there on the page, just in case I forget.
Iron the piece onto your t-shirt.
Now for that Disney Vacation, I was talking about!!!
Make sure you stop by the other great blogs on this Disney Craft Idea Hop!!
25+ Disney Craft Ideas Using Vinyl:
1. Lion King shirts by Play Party Plan
2. Jack Skellington Ears by A Pumpkin and a princess
3. Nemo pumpkin from C.R.A.F.T.
4. Disney coloring shirt by Artsy Fartsy Mama
5. Belle framed art by Crafting in the Rain
6. Miracles free cut file By Dawn Nicole Designs
7. Autograph shirt by the Pinning Mama
8.Disney countdown by Frenchi Wraps
9. Girl dress up by Over the Big Moon
10. Spirit animal shirt by Smashed peas and Carrots
11. Customized Minnie Ears by Inspiration Made Simple
12.Winnie the Pooh quote from Where the Smile Have been!
13. Modest ariel from Kiki & Company
14. Jack Skellington coin purse by Tried and True
15. Minnie Mouse purse by A girl and a glue gun
16. Disney ornaments by Happiness is Homemade
17. Girl Boss shirt by Sweet Rose Studio
18.No Sew Minnie tutu by Sugar Bee Crafts
19. Haunted Mansion door design by Simple simon and Co.
20. Minnie Mouse bow shirt by Girl loves Glam
21. Mary Poppins design by the Crafted Sparrow
22. Cinderella hand lettered shirt by Pitter and Glink
23. Jack Skellington shirt and pumpkin by the Scrap Shoppe
24. Beauty and Beast book sign by Flamingo Toes
25. Hat hair shirt by Polka Dot chair
26. Vintage Disneyland by Persia Lou