You can’t get much simpler for a Halloween treat than these Caramel Dipped Jumbo Marshmallows with Halloween sprinkles! If you like this recipe, then you may also love these DIY Caramel Apple Monsters!
Table of Contents
Why Caramel Dipped Marshmallows?
Here in Kentucky, we have these tremendous handmade candies called Modjeskas. They are homemade marshmallows dipped in homemade caramel. They are as delicious as they sound. Whenever I’m on Market Street downtown Louisville I stop into Muth’s candies to get a bag.
Inspired by the flavors of the Modjeskas, I decided to make some Caramel Dipped Marshmallows for Halloween. No homemade marshmallows here, but still a pretty delicious taste combination.
- 1 Package Purchased Caramels (I like Brachs)
- Double Boiler
- Package of Jumbo Marshmallows
- Package of Paper Straws (Halloween ones are very cute for this)
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Silpat Mat
How to Make Halloween Dipped Marshmallows
- Unwrap store-bought caramels and melt them over a double boiler on the stove.
- Add a bit of sweetened condensed milk to get the caramel to the right consistency for dipping.
- Insert a paper straw into the center of your Jumbo marshmallow.
- Dump out the package of Halloween sprinkels onto a paper plate. Don’t spread them too thin, about ½″ deep is great! If they are spread too thin your caramel will just stick to your paper plate.
- Dip the jumbo marshmallows in caramel, and while the carmel is still warm dip them in the pile of Halloween sprinkles.
- Place dipped marshmallow on a silpat mat and allow to cool.
More Holidays Ideas
You can easily make these for other holidays as well. If you want to make them for Thanksgiving, just substitute the sprinkles in Fall colors. To make them for Christmas, use Christmas sprinkles and red and green straws!