The fresh peach pie recipe is very simple and uses only a few ingredients so that the natural freshness of the peaches shines. It’s a bit rustic and messy but makes for a delicious pie.
Growing up I was lucky to have 5 peach trees in my backyard. Every summer they delivered the most delicious and juicy peaches. My mom, being an amazing cook treated us all summer long to fresh peach pie and ice cream. It was not until I grew up and moved away from that I realized what a treat it was to have those peach trees in our backyard.
Recipe for Peach Pie with Fresh Peaches
This recipe is for my that amazing peach pie that my mom treated us to every summer. The peaches have started to ripen here in Kentucky and since this recipe works with only FRESH peaches, I knew it was time to make some pie.
Farm Fresh Peach Pie
- 10 Ripe Fresh Peaches
- Baked Pie Shell
- 1 C water
- 3/4 C sugar + 2 T Sugar Divided
- 3 1/2 T cornstarch
- Peel and slice all 10 peaches. Scoop out 2 cups of the sliced peaches and place in a food processor or blender. Pulse until the peaches are mashed.
- Toss the remaining peaches with cinnamon and 2T of sugar.
- Boil 1 cup of water in a heavy saucepan. Add the 3/4 C of sugar and cook until clear. Mix the cornstarch with cold water (about 1/4 c) until it’s dissolved. Whisk into the sugar mixture on the stove and cook until it thickens. Stir in the blended peaches.
- Remove from heat and let it cool a bit.
- Spread a bit of the cooked peach mixture onto the bottom of the cooked pie shell.
- Spoon the sliced peaches into the pie shell.
- Pour the remaining cooked peach mixture over the peaches, making sure to spread it to cover the edges of the pie as this will help prevent browning.
- Cool on the countertop. Then place in the fridge for about 4 hrs or overnight to chill.
- I’ve made this before and it has not set up. You need to make sure that you cook the cornstarch until it’s dissolved.
- Spread a bit of the “glaze” mixture in the bottom of the pie crust to keep the crust from getting soggy.
- I found the best way to peel peaches was to have my husband do it! LOL– Just kidding. Actually, he did peel them with a small knife and the process was quite quick.
- Don’t forget to leave enough time for the pie to chill completely before you serve it. I recommend making the pie the night before and letting it chill overnight.
- I’m not great at making Pie Crust. I use Trader Joe’s frozen crust and can hardly tell the difference between that and homemade!