These Malted Milk M&M cookies feature both semi-sweet chocolate chips and the M&M’s® Crispy candy. They are simple to make and one of my family’s favorite treats!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CrispyIsBack #CollectiveBias.
Do you guys have a favorite treat? I go back and forth between a few. Right now it’s a toss-up between Chocolate Chip Cookies and anything with salted caramel. I absolutely love and crave anything that is salty, crunchy or crispy. When I say like, I mean I REALLY REALLY like crispy snacks.
Crispy M&M Recipe Ideas
Several years ago when I was pregnant with my twins I discovered M&M’s® Crispy and was hooked. So much so that everyone around me knew I liked them and used to bring them to me all the time. People are nice to pregnant ladies like that.
Then a crazy thing happened, my dear friends at M&M TOOK THEM AWAY! I was not happy and bought a stash of them as soon as I found they were kaput.
Well, guess what, THEY’RE BAAAACKKK! I may or may not have gone to the store to hunt them down when I found this out. But I’m not admitting to anything.
Okay, I totally went looking for them. I hunted them down in my local Walmart and found them in the checkout aisle, but you can also find them in bigger packages in the baking aisle. I like buying the smaller packages because they are only 180 calories per serving, that way I’m not tempted to eat too many.
Before they disappeared I used to use them in one of my very favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes. I got this recipe from my Mom years ago and it’s one of my “go to” chocolate chip cookie recipes. The thing that makes this recipe unique is the addition of malted milk and chocolate syrup, it’s like an entire dessert in one cookie.
The cookies feature both semi-sweet chocolate chips and the M&M’s® Crispy candy. They are simple to make and the recipe makes about 2 1/2 dozen, which to me is the perfect cookie batch size. Not so many that you have to figure out what to do with them all, but plenty to share with friends.
Malted Milk M&M’s® Crispy Cookie Recipe
- 1 C Butter Flavor Shortening
- 1 1/4 C Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C Malted Milk Powder
- 2 T Chocolate Syrup
- 1 t Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 2 C Flour
- 1 t Baking Soda
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1 1/2 C Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 C M&M’s® Crispy – about 2 2.8 oz packages
- In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the first 5 ingredients in order. Beat 2 minutes. Add the egg and beat well. In a bowl mix together the dry ingredients. Add this to the ingredients in the mixer.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until just combine. Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the M&M’s® Crispy by hand.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet (or use a silicon liner or parchment paper). Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. DO NOT over bake. I recommend checking the cookies at 8 min for doneness. They will be lightly golden brown around the edges.
- Cool on wire rack
- See more great M&M’s® Crispy recipe and party ideas on the M&M’s® Crispy social hub