If you’re looking to DIY a trick or treat bag for Halloween this year then I think you’ll love today’s article! It’s full of fun and cute Halloween treat bag ideas. From trick or treat bags that you can sew to simple ones you can craft, we hope you’ll find something you love on this list.
Cute & Simple DIY Trick or Treat Bag Ideas
Trick or Treat Bag Sewing Patterns & Tutorials
I have found myself many times sewing away on Halloween day! I’ve proven myself to be quite the expert at last-minute Halloween sewing. If you have your costume ready to go but want a cute trick or treat bag to go with it, here are a few fun, free, sewing patterns that you might like.
1. Bat Trick or Treat Bag – Last year I wrote a pattern for BERNINA’s WeAllSew blog. It posted right before Halloween and I didn’t get the time to share it last year. I love how the pattern turned out. It’s pretty beginner-friendly, and I’ve included downloadable pattern pieces for you too!
2. Halloween Bucket Trick or Treat Bag – This trick or treat bag is almost too nice to use for trick or treat! Only “almost” though :). It features a sturdy canvas bottom and a leather handle, it’s a bag you’ll want to use year after year!
3. Quilt Block Trick or Treat Tote . I love making Halloween quilts and found myself with a bunch of leftover quilt blocks after completing one of my quilts. I turned a few of the blocks into a tote bag that’s just right for trick or treat.
4. Jack o Lantern, Ghost or Frankenstein Halloween Bucket Trick or Treat Bags – These fun Halloween buckets feature a removable handle making them just right for Halloween night! If you don’t want to trick or treat with them you can also use them to keep candy by the door.
5. Ghouls & Goodies Trick or Treat Bag – Riley Blake Designs Blog. This cute bag features a matching set of goodie bags! Just the right size for a fun gift or treat.
6. Trick or Treat Bags Cream Craft Goods. I love the quilting on this trick or treat bag! It adds a bit of texture to the bag.
7. Shark Trick or Treat Bag – Stitched by Crystal. How cute is this Shark bag? It’s almost too cute to only use for Halloween.
8. Easy Trick or Treat Bag – Cluck Cluck Sew. Looking for a super easy trick or treat bag to sew? This one from Allison can be stitched up quickly.
Trick or Treat Tote- the Cottage Mama. These bags from Lindsay at the Cottage Mama feature a bit of machine embroidery. I also love the jumbo ric rack on the bottom of the bag.
No-Sew Trick or Treat Bag You Can Make
If you’re not in the mood to sew something, or need a quick last-minute trick or treat bag, then one of these tutorials might be just what you’re looking for.
9. Duct Tape Halloween Buckets at Mer Mag. I love this clever use of a paint bucket! They used duct tape to create a set of whimsical trick or treat buckets.
10. Mod Podge Trick or Treat Bag – Love the Day This bag looks sewn but really it’s Mod Podge!
11. Glow in the Dark Frankenstein Bucket- Not Just a Housewife, Another cute idea for a paint bucket trick or treat bag! This one features a bit of glow in the dark paint.
DIY Cricut Trick or Treat Bags:
I love to use my Cricut for Holiday projects. You could easily personalize any of these bags. You can buy inexpensive canvas bags at the craft store or online.
12. Accio Candy – For the Harry fan in your life! We took a bit of artistic license with this one, and love how it turned out! You can download the SVG files to make the bag on our site.
13. Too Cute to Spook. More fun SVG files on our site and one that you can find in Cricut Design Space, all of the details are on the post.
14. Peace Love Pumpkins Trick or Treat Tote – A fun take on a popular saying! It would be really cute cut out of glitter iron-on vinyl.